Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Roots Of Hair Lighter Then The Rest

BDC not visible in central administration after deployment

It happened to me that I have developed a number of BDC, it would then deploy. Mir said the Visual Studio every deployment, it was successful. However, I am not in the Central Administration of the BDCs could for up to one. What had happened? I had forgotten to change the name. Visual Studio has thus tried BDC BdcModel1 the namespace more time to deploy, which failed. So I went into each project, the BDC, and I also wanted to search for all BdcModel1 and renamed its own name. Subsequently changed file name and folder name. Nothing in my project was more BdcModel1. Neither in the feature, still in package XML namespace, etc. It is important to rename everything. This I did with any project, anywhere assign a different name, and voila, all BDC were properly deployed. Funny thing is that the deployment does not equal fail. Something happens to me. I was developing several BDC, that I wanted to deploy. Everytime I got the confirmation from Visual Studio, that the deployment was successful. But I could not find them in central administration except one BDC I developed. What happend? I had forgotten to change the naming. Visual Studio tried to deploy several BDC with the namespace BdcModel1, that did not work. Now I went in every BDC project and searched for the BdcModel1 and replaced it with an own name. Also file-name and folder-name had to be changed. Nothing in my project was left to BdcModel1. Not any feature-, package-xml, no namespace, etc. It is important to rename everything. I did that with every project and renamed with unique names and voila, I saw every BDC in the central administration after deployment. Strange thing is, that deployment does not fail, when this error happens. Let
sometimes the ULS run during deployment. The ULS is the error message (vssphost4.exe):
You can run the ULS during deployment. ULS That is the error-message (vssphost4.exe): Ignoring
LobSystem (External System) with name 'xy' (and its LobSystemInstances (External System Instances)) as it is already loaded in the current context. Entity (External Content Type) with namespace 'xy.BdcModel1' and name 'Entity1' and version '1 .0.0.11 'already exists and will not be recreated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment